Reference number: NZG/006/2023
he South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a highly motivated, efficient, and enthusiastic person to administer, coordinate, and manage the site security and provision of information to the garden visitors.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree or Advance Diploma in Safety and Security Management or an equivalent qualification with NQF 7 and a PSIRA Grade certification. Postgraduate Qualification in Safety and Security Management will be an added advantage. This position also requires a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in Safety & Security Management.
The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position: must have PSIRA Grade B qualification; ability to work with diverse team and under pressure whilst being quality, cost, and safety conscious; extensive experience in the implementation of relevant legislation, policies, procedures, processes, and regulatory framework relevant to Safety & Security Management; Safety and Service focus are essential; advance knowledge for planning and organising, and statistical reports writing skills; in-depth organisational, analytical, and problem solving skills; excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (Ms Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook). The possession of a valid driver’s licence with at least one-year practical driving experience and a willingness to travel is essential.
Key performance responsibilities include:
- Provide effective security and risk management;
- Ensure effective visitor services and public relations;
- Coordinate health and safety management services;
- Support garden related information services; and
- Support management of human resources.
1) An application form (obtainable from our offices must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A skills test and competency assessment will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number may result in your application not being considered.
Personal Information will be processed by SANBI for purposes of assessing your suitability for the advertised position. SANBI may also share your personal information including special personal information with service providers or third parties, both within the Republic of South Africa and in other jurisdictions, to carry out verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, background and reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks.
In this regard, by virtue of your application, you acknowledge that SANBI’s authorised verification agent(s) and service providers will access your personal information including special personal information to conduct background screening, verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Applications consisting of the completed application form, motivation letter, a concise CV, and certified qualifications are to be submitted via an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postal applications must be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources Operations,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
PO Box 754,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 07 July 2023
Job type: Permanent
Salary: R359 517.00 per annum
Ms Zanele Mdliva
Tel.: +27 (0)12 339 2761