Reference number: NZG/011/2022
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a highly motivated individual to ensure smooth delivery of customer services within the organisation, by implementing high quality controls, access control operations and mechanisms, and adherence to applicable legislative standards.
This position requires a degree in Business Management or equivalent qualification with NQF 7. Honours or equivalent qualification at NQF 8 will be an added advantage. This position also requires 8 years’ experience in relevant field, 4 years of which should be in first line management position(s).
The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position: comprehensive knowledge and experience in implementation of retail systems, high quality controls, and access control operations and mechanisms; in-depth experience in stakeholder and customer relationship management and business development; extensive knowledge and understanding of the implementation of project management techniques and tools; proven ability to work under pressure with diverse team while being quality and safety conscious; extensive knowledge and experience of working with legislation, policies, procedures, processes, practices, systems, and frameworks related to implementation of retail systems, high quality controls, access control mechanisms, business development, and delivery of seamless customer services; advanced planning, organizing, problem solving and interpersonal skills; excellent communication (both verbal and written); excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (Ms Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook).
The possession of a valid driver’s licence with at least one-year practical driving experience and a willingness to travel is essential.
Key performance responsibilities include:
- Manage and supervise different points on the guest relations value chain including revenue partnership agreements;
- Drive customer relations management and visitors satisfaction services;
- Manage all revenue generation activities at National Zoological Garden including but not limited to restaurants, admission fees, golf carts, game drives events. etc.
- Supervise and manage cash receipt activities, banking, and reconciliation of bank statement duties for all revenue collection activities.
- Oversee financial administration, procurement activities, and compliance duties; and
- Contribute to programs for team development and management.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
Personal Information will be processed by SANBI for purposes of assessing your suitability for the advertised position. SANBI may also share your personal information including special personal information with service providers or third parties, both within the Republic of South Africa and in other jurisdictions, to carry out verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, background and reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks.
In this regard, by virtue of your application, you acknowledge that SANBI’s authorised verification agent(s) and service providers will access your personal information including special personal information to conduct background screening, verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. For more information, kindly refer to SANBI’s website.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply . SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Postal applications must be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources,
South African National Biodiversity Institute,
Private Bag X101,
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates must consider their applications unsuccessful.
Cell: 082 737 2125
Closes: Friday, 28 October 2022
Job type: Permanent
Salary: R744 255.00 per annum