Reference number: NZG 2021/006
Closes: Friday, 25 June 2021
Job type: Permanent
Salary package: R423 857.00 to R593 400.00
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a highly motivated individual to coordinate and manage the life cycle of infrastructure projects and promote the smooth running of operations for SANBI at the National Zoological Garden and ensure the successful compilation of the Division’s budget and ensure alignment between budget and approved projects.
The position requires an advanced diploma or degree in technology, building science or civil engineering or related field OR equivalent qualification with NQF 7. Honours or equivalent degree at NQF 8 will be an added advantage. The successful candidate must have 6 years’ experience in the relevant field, 3 years of which should be in supervisory position(s).
The successful candidate must have:
- Good project management skills and problems solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Excellent business management, planning, and organising skills
- Excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (Ms Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook).
- A valid driver’s license (unendorsed) with one-year practical driving experience.
Key performance responsibilities:
- Supervise infrastructure projects.
- Oversee procurement, contracting and supply chain management processes.
- Ensure quality assurance, safety, and industry compliance.
- Manage budgets and internal audits matters.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible, e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Daniel Masemola on Tel: +27 (0)12 339 2700 X232 or preferably, forward the completed application form together with a covering letter, certified copies of qualifications, ID, Driver’s license and concise CV to email@example.com. Postal applications are to be addressed to the Assistant Director: Human Resources, National Zoological Gardens, PO Box 754, Pretoria, 0001
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.