Reference Number: NZG/2023/009
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for self-motivated individual to provide strategic administrative and project management support to the Division-level matters such as Human Capital Development, facilities management and infrastructure procurement. Provide administrative and logistical oversight to the Directorate: Biodiversity Education and Public Engagement through the minutes taking, travel arrangements, writing reports and processing of motivations for procurement and business processes.
This position requires a national diploma in Office Management, Public Administration, or equivalent qualification at NQF 6 with 4 years of work experience in the relevant field or a degree in Office Management, Public Administration, or equivalent qualification at NQF 7 with 2 years of work experience in the relevant field. Postgraduate qualification in Office Management, Public Administration, or equivalent qualification with NQF 8 will be an added advantage.
The following competencies are required for the candidate to be successful in this position: extensive experience and exposure to office administration; basic project coordination and management skills and some experience in handling queries from partners and collaborators; advanced fleet management skills; proven ability to manage administrative staff and provide mentorship; extensive knowledge and understanding of legislation, policies, procedures, processes, practices, systems, and frameworks related to office administration, procurement, logistics, finance, project and event management will be advantageous; ability to work under pressure with diverse team whilst being quality, cost, and safety conscious; advanced planning, organizing, interpersonal, and problem solving skills; excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (Ms Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook).
Key Performance Responsibilities include:
- Plan, and organise meetings, workshops, conferences, and travel arrangements for the division.
- Coordinate the procurement and claims for the division.
- Attend to meetings and workshops preparation matters and logistics for the division.
- Perform office administration, procurement, and support duties to other units for the division.
- Ensure effective utilisation of the filing system management; and
- Attend to human resources, financial, and stakeholder relations matters for the division.
1) An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
Personal Information will be processed by SANBI for purposes of assessing your suitability for the advertised position. SANBI may also share your personal information including special personal information with service providers or third parties, both within the Republic of South Africa and in other jurisdictions, to carry out verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, background and reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. In this regard, by virtue of your application, you acknowledge that SANBI’s authorised verification agent(s) and service providers will access your personal information including special personal information to conduct background screening, verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. For more information, kindly refer to SANBI’s website.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Seipati Nku on (012) 399 2749 for any queries for purposes of clarity. Applications consisting of the completed application form, motivation letter, a concise CV, and certified qualifications are to be submitted via an e-mail to email@example.com.
Postal applications must be addressed to:
Assistant Director: Human Resources, National Zoological Gardens
South African National Biodiversity Institute
Private Bag x101
Please use Ref NZG/2023/009 in the subject line of all correspondence.
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates must consider their applications unsuccessful.
Closes: Friday, 26 January 2024
Job type: Permanent
Salary: R294 321.00 per annum